Ghosts From the Past  

Tuesday, June 23, 2009



What is it about our pasts that haunt us and keep us trapped in chains? Why is it that when you're the one who was wronged, you have a greater tendency to avoid those that have wronged you as if somehow you are the culprit?

It took me a long time to figure out that it was me who was allowing myself to be wrapped in those chains rather than setting myself free. I have recently taken steps to allow myself to rediscover that not only am I worthy of His love, but that I did not deserve to be subjected to such hurtful and demeaning acts. As we go through our journey in life, there will be many people that will hurt us in one way or another. As sad as it is for people to feel that they can go through life treating others this way, it is much sadder to deprive ourselves of what God intended for us to have in this journey called life. "At times, others may treat us disrespectfully, but we can be certain of our dignity and worth because we have been created in the image of God". You won't always get that apology you feel you deserve, nor will you always see karma at work or have the satisfaction of having all truths revealed, but we should never forget that we mean everything to our creator. Continue to "love thy enemy" for we are taught that there is no honor in loving those who love us back, but rather that there is great honor in loving those that wrong us. Trust that all will be put right in its due course, and that even though all your prayers may not be answered, all of the ones that SHOULD be answered in accordance to His divine plan will be!

I want to thank all of those that helped me face my ghosts from my past, and most importantly, helped me get back on track in my spiritual life! You know who you are! I couldn't have done it without you! I know it couldn't have been easy!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Ghosts From the Past

Post a Comment

Blog Stats

Mimi's Bucket List (c) 2008