Hypocrite alert!  

Sunday, November 23, 2008



Ok I'm forewarning everyone! This is going to be a heated response to what happened to a dear friend of mine recently, and it revolves around religion! It surprises me to see just how many people are out there who are not only close-minded and judgmental, but also hypocritical! Am I Christian? Yes. Am I a perfect one? No. I don't claim to be a devout or perfect Christian, however, considering the so-called "Elders" that lead our churches these days it's not hard to understand my discouragement or disinterest in being a member of one. Being an Elder does NOT give you the right to judge someone in God's stead. Being an Elder does NOT give you the right to act self-righteous and not be held accountable for your actions. Being an Elder does NOT mean you get to walk all over someone and not apologize for your hurtful actions. Being an Elder does NOT make you a superior human being that no longer needs to EARN respect! Being an Elder you have a responsibility to lead by example. Lead the Christian life and teach those who want to learn the TRUE Christian way. Being an Elder means you forgive the sins of others the same way you've been forgiven of your own (I know plenty of Elders that have pasts full of drugs, alcohol, and partying which they've conveniently forgotten about!). Now don't get me wrong, I also know many Elders that should be greatly respected despite their pasts. I respect them for acknowledging their imperfections and for trying to lead us in a Christian way of life despite our everyday struggles. I respect them for showing us that when we as humans make mistakes and stumble, we as Christians should continue to love, accept, and respect each other. As most of you know, most of my Dad's family all serve as Elders in their church which they've been a part of for over 20 years, and not once have they used it as a license to put someone down or brag. Have they all been perfect Elders? No. But I will say this much. In due time they've ALWAYS apologized for any hurt they've caused or mistakes they have made. They don't make the same mistakes twice, and they strive to live by their hearts every day. They commit to the responsibility that as Elders they must acknowledge, admit, and apologize for their mistakes no matter how difficult it may be. We must forgive each other as Christians if we ever expect to gain forgiveness by God! That, to me, makes not only a true Christian, but a truly respected Elder!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Hypocrite alert!

Post a Comment

Blog Stats

Mimi's Bucket List (c) 2008